- 1 Is Cumberland Maryland Safe?
- 2 What towns are in Cumberland Maryland?
- 3 What is Cumberland Maryland famous for?
- 4 What district is Allegany County MD?
- 5 Is Cumberland Maryland a good place to live?
- 6 Is lavale Maryland Safe?
- 7 How far is Cumberland from DC?
- 8 How far is Cumberland from Frostburg Maryland?
- 9 What river flows through Cumberland MD?
- 10 What is the main industry in Cumberland?
- 11 What mountain range is in Cumberland MD?
- 12 What is there to do in Cumberland MD this weekend?
- 13 Is Allegany County Maryland Safe?
- 14 What is in Frostburg MD?
- 15 How old is Cumberland Maryland?
Is Cumberland Maryland Safe?
With a crime rate of 53 per one thousand residents, Cumberland has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 19.
What towns are in Cumberland Maryland?
Most populous places within the metro
- Cumberland, Maryland 21,591.
- Frostburg, Maryland 7,529.
- Cresaptown-Bel Air, Maryland 5,900.
- Keyser, West Virginia 5,132.
- La Vale, Maryland 4,658.
What is Cumberland Maryland famous for?
Cumberland was a key road, railroad and canal junction during the 19th century and at one time the second largest city in Maryland (second to the port city of Baltimore—hence its nickname “The Queen City”). The surrounding hillsides provided coal, iron ore, and timber that helped supply the industrial revolution.
What district is Allegany County MD?
A number of counties and a river in the Appalachian region of the US are named Allegany, Allegheny, or Alleghany. Allegany County is part of the Cumberland, MD -WV Metropolitan Statistical Area. It is a part of the Western Maryland “panhandle”. Allegany County, Maryland.
Is Cumberland Maryland a good place to live?
Cumberland is a quiet, mountain town located in the western portion of Maryland. There are good schools, and ample job opportunities available. Met a lot of great people in my time here, but the drug rate and crime is very bad because of the prison close by.
Is lavale Maryland Safe?
Extremely safe. Night or day, it’s a very safe place.
How far is Cumberland from DC?
Distance from Cumberland, MD to Washington, DC There are 105.70 miles from Cumberland to Washington in southeast direction and 131 miles (210.82 kilometers) by car, following the I-70 route.
How far is Cumberland from Frostburg Maryland?
Distance from Cumberland, MD to Frostburg, MD There are 8.83 miles from Cumberland to Frostburg in west direction and 10 miles (16.09 kilometers) by car, following the US-40 Alternate route. Cumberland and Frostburg are 16 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
What river flows through Cumberland MD?
Cumberland, MD– Potomac River Guide.
What is the main industry in Cumberland?
These improved transportation routes, along with the increase development and trade opportunities they fostered, transformed this small town into the largest city in Western Maryland. Coal mining quickly became the most important industry in the Cumberland area.
What mountain range is in Cumberland MD?
Geography. Cumberland is in the Ridge and Valley physiographic province of the Appalachian Mountains at 39°38′52″N 78°45′46″W (39.647687, −78.762869), at the junction of the North Branch of the Potomac River and Wills Creek.
What is there to do in Cumberland MD this weekend?
20 Best Things to Do in Cumberland, Maryland
- Rocky Gap State Park, Cumberland, Maryland.
- C&O Canal – Paw Paw Tunnel, Cumberland, MD.
- Western Maryland Scenic Railroad, Cumberland, MD.
- C&O Canal National Historical Park and Allegany County Visitor Center, Cumberland, MD.
- Allegany Museum, Cumberland, Maryland.
Is Allegany County Maryland Safe?
Allegany County property crime is 34.7. (The US average is 35.4) NOTE: The city of Allegany, Maryland does not have FBI Crime Statistics. The closest similar sized city with FBI crime data is the city of Frederick, Maryland.
What is in Frostburg MD?
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Toasted Goat Winery. Wineries & Vineyards.
- Allegany County Library System – Frostburg Library. Libraries.
- Thrasher Carriage Museum.
- Frostburg Depot.
- Tracks and Yaks.
- Main Street Books.
- Dante’s Bar.
- General Art Store & Star Gallery.
How old is Cumberland Maryland?
During its more than 200 years of existence, Cumberland has been a military fort, the origin point of America’s first highway, the termination point of a monumental federal construction project, a western gateway to the Ohio River Valley, the processing center for rich coal fields, and a primary link on one of