- 1 Who are my representatives Maryland?
- 2 How do I find my Maryland delegates?
- 3 Who are our elected federal officials?
- 4 How much do Maryland delegates get paid?
- 5 How many senators do we have in Maryland?
- 6 What does a delegate do?
- 7 Who are the 8 representatives of Maryland?
- 8 What is a state delegate in Maryland?
- 9 Who is the head of Congress?
- 10 Who makes up Congress?
- 11 How is Congress elected?
- 12 How do I contact my Maryland state senator?
Who are my representatives Maryland?
Find My Representatives
- Governor. Lawrence J. Hogan, Jr.
- Lt. Governor. Boyd K. Rutherford.
- Attorney General. Brian E. Frosh.
- Comptroller. Peter Franchot.
- Maryland Congressional District.
- US Senators. Benjamin L. Cardin, Chris Van Hollen.
- US Representative. US Representative.
- Maryland Legislative District.
How do I find my Maryland delegates?
How to Contact Your Legislator
- Annapolis / Baltimore Area – 410. 946.5400.
- From other points in Maryland – 800.492. 7122 ext. 5400.
- Washington / Metro Area – 301.970. 5400.
Who are our elected federal officials?
There are 542 federal offices: President, Vice President, 100 U.S. Senators (two from each state), 435 U.S. Representatives, four delegates to the House of Representatives from U.S. territories and the District of Columbia, and one Resident Commissioner from the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
How much do Maryland delegates get paid?
|Maryland House of Delegates|
|Last election||November 6, 2018 (141 seats)|
|Next election||November 8, 2022 (141 seats)|
How many senators do we have in Maryland?
Current party composition
|Democratic majority||18 (70.2%)|
What does a delegate do?
A delegate is a person selected to represent a group of people in some political assembly of the United States. In the United States Congress delegates are elected to represent the interests of a United States territory and its citizens or nationals.
Who are the 8 representatives of Maryland?
U.S. REPRESENTATIVES FROM MARYLAND
- Andrew P. Harris (R), 1st Congressional District.
- C. A. Dutch Ruppersberger III (D), 2nd Congressional District.
- John P. Sarbanes (D), 3rd Congressional District.
- Anthony G.
- Steny H.
- David Trone (D), 6th Congressional District.
- Kweisi Mfume (D), 7th Congressional District.
- Jamin B. (
What is a state delegate in Maryland?
The Maryland House of Delegates is the lower house of the Maryland General Assembly, the state legislature of the U.S. State of Maryland. Three delegates are elected from each district, though some districts are divided into sub-districts. Delegates are not term-limited.
Who is the head of Congress?
|United States Congress|
|Senate president pro tempore||Patrick Leahy (D) since January 20, 2021|
|Senate Majority Leader||Chuck Schumer (D) since January 20, 2021|
|Speaker of the House||Nancy Pelosi (D) since January 3, 2019|
|House Majority Leader||Steny Hoyer (D) since January 3, 2019|
Who makes up Congress?
The U.S. Senate, together with the U.S. House of Representatives, makes up the U.S. Congress. The Senate holds certain unique powers and obligations. Its makeup is different too: two senators represent each state, and senators serve staggered six-year terms.
How is Congress elected?
Members of Congress in both houses are elected by direct popular vote. Senators are elected via a statewide vote and representatives by voters in each congressional district. Each of the 435 members of the House of Representatives is elected to serve a two-year term representing the people of their district.
How do I contact my Maryland state senator?
For general information, you may call 202-224-4524 or 410-962-4436.