- 1 What is the number one attraction in Maryland?
- 2 What Maryland is famous for?
- 3 Why should I visit Maryland?
- 4 Where should I go in Maryland today?
- 5 What food is Maryland known for?
- 6 Who is the most famous person in Maryland?
- 7 What is illegal in Maryland?
- 8 What are 5 facts about Maryland?
- 9 What is the nickname for Maryland?
- 10 What is the most dangerous city in Maryland?
- 11 What are 3 interesting facts about Maryland?
- 12 How safe is Maryland?
- 13 What is Maryland special?
- 14 What is there to do near me for free?
- 15 Is Maryland a good place to live?
What is the number one attraction in Maryland?
25+ Top Maryland Attractions
- 1 Ocean City Boardwalk.
- 2 Assateague Island.
- 3 Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum.
- 4 Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Visitor Center and Scenic Byway.
- 5 Smith Island.
- 6 Ft. McHenry.
- 7 U.S. Naval Academy.
- 8 Carroll County Farm Museum.
What Maryland is famous for?
Overview of Maryland Home to the Chesapeake Bay, Maryland is known for its blue crabs and the city of Baltimore, a major historic trading port, baseball power and birthplace of the national anthem.
Why should I visit Maryland?
Maryland’s diverse geography from the Appalachian Mountains and the Chesapeake Bay to marshland on the Eastern Shore to the Atlantic Ocean make it a fun place to explore. The state has a wonderful variety of parks that offer endless opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors.
Where should I go in Maryland today?
53 Fun Things To Do & Places To Visit In Maryland
- Ocean City Boardwalk. Lissandra Melo / Shutterstock.
- Basignani Winery. Chris Trotter / flickr.
- National Aquarium. ESB Professional / Shutterstock.
- Mike’s Crab House. Mike’s Crab House.
- Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine.
- Great Falls.
- B&O Railroad Museum.
What food is Maryland known for?
Most known for all things crab and Old Bay, Maryland is home to some of the most mouthwatering foods you can find in the United States.
- Steamed Crabs.
- Crab Cakes.
- Utz Crab Chips.
- Old Bay.
- Thrashers French Fries.
- Natty Boh.
- Pit Beef.
- Berger Cookies.
Who is the most famous person in Maryland?
From musicians to movie stars, here are 20 famous people from Maryland.
- Edward Norton. Wikimedia Commons.
- William H. Macy.
- Montel Williams. Wikimedia Commons.
- Mike Rowe. Wikimedia Commons.
- Jada Pinkett Smith. Wikimedia Commons.
- Kathie Lee Gifford. Wikimedia Commons.
- Toni Braxton.
- Julie Bowen.
What is illegal in Maryland?
Maryland’s weirdest laws Oral sex is illegal in Maryland — giving and receiving. (Read the full law here; it also includes animals.) If you live in Baltimore, it is illegal to take a lion to the movies. If you are a woman married to a man, it is illegal to go through your husband’s pockets while he’s sleeping.
What are 5 facts about Maryland?
Maryland State Quick Facts
- Maryland was the 7th state in the United States of America.
- Maryland was granted statehood on April 28, 1788.
- The state capital of Maryland is Annapolis.
- The largest city in Maryland is Baltimore.
- The population of Maryland is 5,928,814 (source 2013 United States Census Bureau estimate).
What is the nickname for Maryland?
Free State Little America Old Line State / Maryland is known as both the Old Line State and the Free State. Old Line State. According to some historians, General George Washington bestowed the name “Old Line State” and thereby associated Maryland with its regular line troops, the Maryland Line, who served courageously in many Revolutionary War battles.
What is the most dangerous city in Maryland?
Table 2: Top 10 Most Dangerous Cities in Maryland
|Rank||City||Total Crime Rate Per 100,000 Inhabitants|
|1||Ocean City Previous rank: Not Ranked||16,295|
|2||Elkton Previous rank: 1||7,887|
|3||Cumberland Previous rank: 4||6,977|
|4||Baltimore Previous rank: 5||6,558|
What are 3 interesting facts about Maryland?
5 Interesting Historical Facts About Maryland
- The First Marylanders Were Native Americans. That’s right!
- Maryland Became a British Colony in 1634.
- The U.S. National Anthem Was Written in Maryland.
- Baltimore Received the First Long-Distance Telegram.
How safe is Maryland?
As in previous years, Maryland had a higher violent crime rate than the national average while logging a smaller property crime rate overall. Among all 50 states, Maryland has the eleventh-highest violent crime rate and the twentieth-lowest property crime rate.
What is Maryland special?
16 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Maryland
- Fort McHenry National Monument. Fort McHenry National Monument.
- National Aquarium. National Aquarium.
- The Walters Art Museum.
- Baltimore Museum of Art.
- Baltimore Inner Harbor.
- Old Town Annapolis and William Paca House.
- Assateague State Park.
- American Visionary Art Museum.
What is there to do near me for free?
Best Free Things to Do Near Me
- San Francisco Botanical Garden. 600 reviews.
- Tom and Jerry’s House. 87 reviews.
- The Walt Disney Family Museum. 959 reviews.
- Exploratorium. 1055 reviews.
- Seward Street Slides. 540 reviews.
- Hidden Garden Steps. 74 reviews.
- Entwined Lighted Forest. 21 reviews.
- Twin Peaks. 1186 reviews.
Is Maryland a good place to live?
Home to The Johns Hopkins University, Port of Baltimore and one of the lowest poverty rates in the country, Maryland is among the most densely populated states in the nation. Frederick, Easton, Rockville and Baltimore are among the best places to live in Maryland.