- 1 What is the best area to stay in OCMD?
- 2 What part of Ocean City is best?
- 3 Which is better Ocean City MD or Virginia Beach?
- 4 Is Ocean City Maryland a party town?
- 5 What stores are on the Ocean City boardwalk?
- 6 What is the most popular street in Ocean City?
- 7 What is Ocean City known for?
- 8 Is Ocean City Md safe?
- 9 What is there to do in Ocean City Maryland for free?
- 10 How much spending money do I need for Ocean City Maryland?
- 11 Is Ocean City MD Beach free?
- 12 Is Myrtle Beach or Virginia Beach Better?
- 13 Is Ocean City Maryland a good family vacation spot?
- 14 Can you drink alcohol on the beach in Ocean City MD?
- 15 What food is Ocean City Maryland known for?
What is the best area to stay in OCMD?
Top Places to Stay in Ocean City
- 3 Princess Royale Resort.
- 4 Frontier Town & Fort Whaley.
- 5 The Edge Hotel at Fager’s Island.
- 6 Camp at Assateague State Park.
- 7 Rent a Condo on the Canal.
- 8 Hilton Suites Ocean City Waterfront.
- 9 Castle in the Sand Hotel.
- 10 Dunes Manor Hotel.
What part of Ocean City is best?
Ocean City Beach If you’re looking for a rowdier atmosphere, recent travelers recommend sticking to the southern end of Ocean City, where the neighboring boardwalk makes for great people-watching and seafront dining.
Which is better Ocean City MD or Virginia Beach?
If you want a more relaxed beach experience where bike riding is allowed all day and night and you can ride horses on the beach. I would choose Virginia Beach. If you need a little more action and amusement then Ocean City is the place for you. Both are good choices.
Is Ocean City Maryland a party town?
It has 10 miles worth of beaches, a three-mile boardwalk and plenty of nightlife establishments where people are known to drink and drink and drink and then dance. Though nearly every beach town has its fair share of places to party (be it in New Jersey, Delaware or Maryland ), Ocean City takes it to the next level.
What stores are on the Ocean City boardwalk?
Along the boardwalk in Ocean City you’ll find Trimpers Amusements, Thrashers Fries, Jolly Roger Amusements, Fisher’s Popcorn, Dolle’s Candyland, Kohr Bros. Frozen Custard, Dumser’s Ice Cream, Candy Kitchen, Dandy Don’s Bike Rentals, and Ocean City’s only Boardwalk brewery, just to name a few.
What is the most popular street in Ocean City?
Seasoned Ocean City visitors know that our world- famous Boardwalk is something special, and our beaches and bay are perennial favorites. But they also know the best -kept secret in Ocean City is our Asbury Avenue downtown shopping district, which is home to everything you need and more on your trip down the Shore!
What is Ocean City known for?
Ocean City is most famous for its boardwalk, salt-water taffy, and its status as the White Marlin Capital of the World.
Is Ocean City Md safe?
Considering only the crime rate, West Ocean City is less safe than the Maryland state average and less safe than the national average.
What is there to do in Ocean City Maryland for free?
100 FREE Things to do in Ocean City!
- Take in a day on the beach.
- Gather the family for some friendly competition at Family Beach Games.
- Enjoy one of our Movies on the Beach nights.
- Don’t miss the OC Beach Dance Party events.
- Stroll the Ocean City Boardwalk.
- Check out the NEW OC Drone Shows dazzle across the night sky.
How much spending money do I need for Ocean City Maryland?
How much money will you need for your trip to Ocean City? You should plan to spend around $128 per day on your vacation in Ocean City, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, $39 on meals for one day and $38 on local transportation.
Is Ocean City MD Beach free?
There’s so much to do in Ocean City, Maryland that’s free of charge. Our 10 miles of beautifully kept beach are free and open to the public from 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. – no beach tags necessary! And of course, Ocean City, Maryland sightseeing is wonderful, and free year-round!
Is Myrtle Beach or Virginia Beach Better?
Myrtle Beach has a slightly better beach, Virginia Beach has slightly more to do. The price is about the same depending on where you stay and what you do in both places, but the weather is slightly warmer on average in Myrtle Beach. Virginia Beach tends to be more crowded, but only slightly.
Is Ocean City Maryland a good family vacation spot?
“ Ocean City is an ideal spot for a family beach vacation. Famous for its salt water taffy, three-mile boardwalk, and seemingly endless opportunities for kid-friendly fun, Ocean City Beach [sic] is undoubtedly one of the best beaches to spend your time with the kids.
Can you drink alcohol on the beach in Ocean City MD?
In Ocean City, we take laws related to alcohol consumption very seriously. Drinking alcoholic beverages in public is prohibited. This includes on any street, avenue, alleyway, sidewalk, beach, parking lot and vehicle in any of these areas. Possessing an open container of any alcoholic beverage in public is not allowed.
What food is Ocean City Maryland known for?
You’ll find classic fare from the Boardwalk that USA Today named one of the nation’s best: pizza and pit beef; burgers and wraps; hot, fresh french fries and overstuffed sandwiches. And of course, our world- famous salt water taffy, and thick, sweet fudge for dessert. Ocean City Boardwalk restaurants won’t disappoint!