- 1 Which part of Maryland is Silver Spring?
- 2 What cities are near Silver Spring MD?
- 3 Which airport is closer to Silver Spring Maryland?
- 4 Is Silver Spring a sundown town?
- 5 Is Silver Spring Maryland a good place to live?
- 6 Is Silver Spring dangerous?
- 7 Which city is close to Silver Spring?
- 8 What are the closest cities to Washington DC?
- 9 How do I get from BWI to Silver Spring?
- 10 How do I get to Reagan National Airport?
- 11 What is Silver Spring MD famous for?
- 12 What is Silver Spring MD known for?
- 13 What political subdivision is Silver Spring MD?
Which part of Maryland is Silver Spring?
Silver Spring is a census-designated place (CDP) in southeastern Montgomery County, Maryland, United States, near Washington, D.C. Although officially unincorporated, in practice it is an edge city which had a population of 81,816 residents as of 2018.
What cities are near Silver Spring MD?
Cities near Silver Spring, Maryland:
- Takoma Park, MD.
- Langley Park, MD.
- Chillum, MD.
- Adelphi, MD.
- Hillandale, MD.
- Friendship Village, MD.
- White Oak, MD.
- Bethesda, MD.
Which airport is closer to Silver Spring Maryland?
The nearest airport to Silver Spring is Reagan Washington (DCA) Airport which is 9.6 miles away. Other nearby airports include Washington Dulles (IAD) (22.9 miles), Baltimore (BWI) (23.3 miles), Harrisburg (MDT) (85 miles) and Richmond (RIC) (104.4 miles).
Is Silver Spring a sundown town?
Silver Spring, Maryland developed during the early twentieth century as a sundown suburb: an area covering more than ten square miles where racial restrictive deed covenants prevented African Americans from owning or renting homes.
Is Silver Spring Maryland a good place to live?
Silver Spring is in Montgomery County and is one of the best places to live in Maryland. In Silver Spring there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. Many families and young professionals live in Silver Spring and residents tend to be liberal. The public schools in Silver Spring are highly rated.
Is Silver Spring dangerous?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Silver Spring is 1 in 52. Based on FBI crime data, Silver Spring is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Maryland, Silver Spring has a crime rate that is higher than 68% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Which city is close to Silver Spring?
The nearest town Spencerville is 1.1 miles or 1.7 kilometers away. 5 major cities are near Silver Spring; Columbia being the closest is 12.9 miles or 20.8 kilometers away. Silver Spring is also near the District of Columbia state border; Washington in District of Columbia is 15.5 miles or 25 kilometers away.
What are the closest cities to Washington DC?
Major cities near Washington, DC
- 35 miles to Baltimore, MD.
- 124 miles to Philadelphia, PA.
- 148 miles to Norfolk, VA.
- 153 miles to Virginia Beach, VA.
- 153 miles to Chesapeake, VA.
- 191 miles to Pittsburgh, PA.
- 199 miles to Newark, NJ.
- 203 miles to Jersey City, NJ.
How do I get from BWI to Silver Spring?
Subway, train • 1h 17m
- Take the subway from SILVER SPRING station to UNION STATION station Red.
- Take the train from Washington Union Station to Bwi Thurgood Marshall Airport Station Northeast Regional /
How do I get to Reagan National Airport?
To Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport Use Metro’s Yellow or Blue Lines to take you directly to the Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport Metrorail station. It’s closer to the airport than the parking lots. Use the covered walkway to take you into the terminal.
What is Silver Spring MD famous for?
Downtown Silver Spring is rated extremely high on livability factors such as nightlife, diversity, health and fitness, public schools, etc. Silver Spring was ranked second out of 193 other Maryland cities as the best suburb for young professionals in Maryland.
What is Silver Spring MD known for?
Silver Spring, unincorporated community, Montgomery county, central Maryland, U.S., a northern residential suburb of Washington, D.C. It was once the site of the estate of journalist and politician Francis Preston Blair (1791–1876), whose son, Montgomery, served as postmaster general in Abraham Lincoln’s cabinet.
What political subdivision is Silver Spring MD?
The Montgomery District 13, Montgomery County, Maryland (District)