- 1 Is Leonardtown MD a good place to live?
- 2 What is in Leonardtown MD?
- 3 What zone is Leonardtown MD?
- 4 Is Leonardtown Maryland Safe?
- 5 When was Leonardtown founded?
- 6 What is there to do in Southern Maryland today?
- 7 What time does Leonardtown Middle School start?
- 8 What zone is MD in?
- 9 What zone is Southern Maryland?
- 10 What climate is Maryland?
Is Leonardtown MD a good place to live?
Leonardtown is a very nice, small community for families to grow and live. There are a couple of outdoor activities to participate in but don’t expect any clubs or the like. Great for family. Great rural area that provides a lot options for families.
What is in Leonardtown MD?
Leonardtown’s activities, including a winery, a wharf, and historical sites, means you will always find something to do.
- Leonardtown Wharf.
- Tudor Hall.
- The Old Jail.
- Port of Leonardtown Winery.
- Patuxent Adventure Center.
- Port of Leonardtown Park/Mcintosh Run Water Trail.
What zone is Leonardtown MD?
Zipcode 20650 – Leonardtown Maryland is in Hardiness Zones 7a and 7b.
Is Leonardtown Maryland Safe?
Leonardtown has an overall crime rate of 15 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in Leonardtown is 1 in 67.
When was Leonardtown founded?
The population was 2,930 at the 2010 census. Leonardtown is perhaps most famous for the national oyster-shucking championship that is held annually at the St. Mary’s County fairgrounds.
|Founded||1660 as Seymour Town|
|Named for||Benedict Leonard Calvert|
What is there to do in Southern Maryland today?
10 Amazing Things to Do in Southern Maryland
- Visit Historic St.
- Tour the Calvert Marine Museum.
- Explore the Wineries Along the Patuxent Trail.
- Catch a Baseball Game.
- Discover Jefferson Patterson Park.
- Find a Thrill at the Maryland International Raceway.
- Trace History at the Dr.
What time does Leonardtown Middle School start?
Leonardtown Middle School Bell Schedule:
|Period||First Bell||Time of period|
|Period 1||7:37||45 minutes|
|Period 2||8:26||45 minutes|
|Period 3||9:15||45 minutes|
What zone is MD in?
Maryland’s hardiness zones are 5b to 8a, which is -15 to 15°F depending on where you live. To be more specific: 5b: -15 to -10°F.
What zone is Southern Maryland?
Maryland planting zones fall between 5b and 8a, with just the very furthest western tip falling into the 5b zone. Knowing the Maryland growing zones means knowing when to plant for optimal results.
What climate is Maryland?
Summers are hot and humid, and winters are cold and snowy. Summers are warm to hot and humid in Maryland, with peak temperatures above 100°F (37.8°C) in July. The Atlantic coastal areas have higher humidity and consequently oppressive summers than the interior.