- 1 What district is Germantown in?
- 2 Is Germantown MD a safe place to live?
- 3 Why is it called Germantown MD?
- 4 What is the crime rate in Germantown MD?
- 5 How old is Germantown?
- 6 Are Germantown Schools virtual?
- 7 How is living in Germantown MD?
- 8 What’s the population of Germantown Maryland?
- 9 What is the most dangerous city in Maryland?
- 10 What are the bad parts of Maryland?
- 11 Is Germantown a good area?
- 12 What restaurants are in Germantown?
- 13 What is Germantown Tennessee known for?
- 14 Who is Germantown named after?
What district is Germantown in?
Germantown is part of two districts for the Maryland General Assembly, 15 (ZIP code 20874), and 39 (ZIP code 20876). For the US Congress, it is part of Maryland’s 6th district.
Is Germantown MD a safe place to live?
Is Germantown, MD Safe? The B+ grade means the rate of crime is lower than the average US city. Germantown is in the 77th percentile for safety, meaning 23% of cities are safer and 77% of cities are more dangerous. The rate of crime in Germantown is 17.53 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
Why is it called Germantown MD?
The community became known as Pea Ridge in 1833, town lots were laid out in 1834 by surveyor N. T. German and the name was changed to Germantown in 1836, reflecting the presence of German families. The city name was briefly changed to Neshoba, an Indian word meaning “wolf,” during World War I.
What is the crime rate in Germantown MD?
Germantown Annual Crimes
|Number of Crimes||171||1,632|
|Crime Rate (per 1,000 residents)||1.88||17.90|
How old is Germantown?
Germantown was built in the 1960’s At this time, it was merely a rural farming village with about 1,000 residents. Since then, it has grown by nearly 2,000 people per year, and had approximately 95,000 people in 2010.
Are Germantown Schools virtual?
All GMSD families are able to opt into our full-time virtual learning program. However, IEPs, 504s, and ILPs are legal documents and may all require a meeting (such as IEP, 504 or other team meeting) to determine the best placement/ services for students.
How is living in Germantown MD?
Living in Germantown offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Germantown there are a lot of coffee shops and parks. Many families and young professionals live in Germantown and residents tend to be liberal. The public schools in Germantown are highly rated.
What’s the population of Germantown Maryland?
|Population, Census, April 1, 2010||86,395|
|Age and Sex|
|Persons under 5 years, percent|| 7.2%|
|Persons under 18 years, percent|| 25.8%|
What is the most dangerous city in Maryland?
Table 2: Top 10 Most Dangerous Cities in Maryland
|Rank||City||Total Crime Rate Per 100,000 Inhabitants|
|1||Ocean City Previous rank: Not Ranked||16,295|
|2||Elkton Previous rank: 1||7,887|
|3||Cumberland Previous rank: 4||6,977|
|4||Baltimore Previous rank: 5||6,558|
What are the bad parts of Maryland?
10 Most Dangerous Places In Maryland
- Elkton, Cecil County.
- Bladensburg, Prince George’s County.
- Ocean City, Worcester County.
- Cambridge, Dorchester County.
- Salisbury, Wicomico County.
- Cumberland, Allegany County.
- Mount Rainier, Prince George’s County.
Is Germantown a good area?
Overall, Germantown is a great place with very few shortcomings. Very diverse and friendly community for the most part. The town takes part in holding a lot of events and activities within Montgomery County. There is always something to do in the area.
What restaurants are in Germantown?
Limit search to Germantown.
- Southern Social. 282 reviewsOpen Now.
- Germantown Commissary. 1,355 reviewsOpen Now.
- Hueys Germantown. 228 reviewsOpen Now.
- Soul Fish Cafe. 217 reviewsOpen Now.
- One & Only BBQ. 381 reviewsOpen Now.
- Stoney River Steakhouse and Grill. 271 reviewsOpen Now.
- Perkins Restaurant & Bakery.
- Cafe Med.
What is Germantown Tennessee known for?
Fort Germantown is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. With class acts such as jazz and tenors, international influences and performing luminaries, Germantown Performing Arts Center, is known for bringing excellence to the community through arts education and orchestras.
Who is Germantown named after?
The area, which is about six miles northwest from the city center, now consists of two neighborhoods: ‘ Germantown ‘ and ‘East Germantown ‘.
|Consolidated||February 2, 1854|
|Founded by||Francis Daniel Pastorius|
|• Total||3.327 sq mi (8.62 km2)|