- 1 What does Maryland do for fun?
- 2 What Maryland is famous for?
- 3 What is the number one attraction in Maryland?
- 4 What is there to do in Maryland today?
- 5 What food is Maryland known for?
- 6 Is Maryland a good state to live in?
- 7 What is illegal in Maryland?
- 8 What are 5 facts about Maryland?
- 9 Is Maryland a safe state?
- 10 Who is the most famous person in Maryland?
- 11 Why should I visit Maryland?
- 12 Why should you move to Maryland?
- 13 What can you do with no money?
- 14 What can couples do in Maryland?
- 15 Where should I go in Maryland this weekend?
What does Maryland do for fun?
25 Free (or Nearly Free) Things to Do in Maryland
- Assateague Island National Seashore.
- Maryland Scenic Byways.
- Mallows Bay.
- Ego Alley.
- Washington County Museum of Fine Arts.
- Swallow Falls State Park.
- Canal Place.
- House of Yoder.
What Maryland is famous for?
Overview of Maryland Home to the Chesapeake Bay, Maryland is known for its blue crabs and the city of Baltimore, a major historic trading port, baseball power and birthplace of the national anthem.
What is the number one attraction in Maryland?
25+ Top Maryland Attractions
- 1 Ocean City Boardwalk.
- 2 Assateague Island.
- 3 Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum.
- 4 Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad Visitor Center and Scenic Byway.
- 5 Smith Island.
- 6 Ft. McHenry.
- 7 U.S. Naval Academy.
- 8 Carroll County Farm Museum.
What is there to do in Maryland today?
16 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Maryland
- Fort McHenry National Monument. Fort McHenry National Monument.
- National Aquarium. National Aquarium.
- The Walters Art Museum.
- Baltimore Museum of Art.
- Baltimore Inner Harbor.
- Old Town Annapolis and William Paca House.
- Assateague State Park.
- American Visionary Art Museum.
What food is Maryland known for?
Most known for all things crab and Old Bay, Maryland is home to some of the most mouthwatering foods you can find in the United States.
- Steamed Crabs.
- Crab Cakes.
- Utz Crab Chips.
- Old Bay.
- Thrashers French Fries.
- Natty Boh.
- Pit Beef.
- Berger Cookies.
Is Maryland a good state to live in?
With that said, there are some pretty great reasons to call Maryland home. It’s access to the great outdoors is unparalleled. It boasts a ridiculously strong economy. It is within close proximity to some of the biggest cities in the United States.
What is illegal in Maryland?
Maryland’s weirdest laws Oral sex is illegal in Maryland — giving and receiving. (Read the full law here; it also includes animals.) If you live in Baltimore, it is illegal to take a lion to the movies. If you are a woman married to a man, it is illegal to go through your husband’s pockets while he’s sleeping.
What are 5 facts about Maryland?
Maryland State Quick Facts
- Maryland was the 7th state in the United States of America.
- Maryland was granted statehood on April 28, 1788.
- The state capital of Maryland is Annapolis.
- The largest city in Maryland is Baltimore.
- The population of Maryland is 5,928,814 (source 2013 United States Census Bureau estimate).
Is Maryland a safe state?
Based on a Population of at least 6,500 Maryland is such a historic state with so much to do, and it lends itself to being a relatively safe state overall. Of the 25 safest cities in the state, the highest had a safety rating of 91.2 and the lowest was at 43.35.
Who is the most famous person in Maryland?
From musicians to movie stars, here are 20 famous people from Maryland.
- Edward Norton. Wikimedia Commons.
- William H. Macy.
- Montel Williams. Wikimedia Commons.
- Mike Rowe. Wikimedia Commons.
- Jada Pinkett Smith. Wikimedia Commons.
- Kathie Lee Gifford. Wikimedia Commons.
- Toni Braxton.
- Julie Bowen.
Why should I visit Maryland?
Maryland’s diverse geography from the Appalachian Mountains and the Chesapeake Bay to marshland on the Eastern Shore to the Atlantic Ocean make it a fun place to explore. The state has a wonderful variety of parks that offer endless opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors.
Why should you move to Maryland?
Maryland may be the 9th smallest state, but don’t let that deter you from moving here—it’s home to the best crabs in the world, great sports teams and beautiful landscapes. Plus, its position right next to our nation’s capital allows residents all the perks of D.C. without the pricey living.
What can you do with no money?
13 Ways to Have Fun Without Spending Money
- Go on a picnic.
- Go to no -cost museum and zoo days.
- Give geocaching a try.
- Leverage your chamber of commerce.
- Take a historical city tour.
- Visit a farmers market.
- Go camping.
- Do a photography challenge.
What can couples do in Maryland?
14 Romantic Things for Couples to do in Maryland
- Fiore Winery & Distillery. 3026 Whiteford Road, Pylesville, MD 21132.
- The Capital Grille. 500 E.
- Waterfront Promenade.
- Black Ankle Vineyards.
- Assateague Island.
- SPAGnVOLA Chocolatier.
- Mully’s Brewery.
- Watermark Cruises.
Where should I go in Maryland this weekend?
11 Top-Rated Weekend Getaways in Maryland
- Baltimore, Maryland. Baltimore’s Inner Harbor at dusk.
- Annapolis, Maryland. Thurgood Marshall Monument in front of the Maryland State House.
- Ocean City, Maryland.
- Tilghman Island, Maryland.
- Frederick, Maryland.
- Deep Creek Lake, Maryland.
- Assateague Island, Maryland.