- 1 Who are the senators representing Maryland?
- 2 How many senators do we have in Maryland?
- 3 Who represents Maryland in Congress?
- 4 How do I contact the Maryland senators?
- 5 Has Maryland had a female senator?
- 6 How many delegates are in Maryland?
- 7 Who is the senator of Maryland 2021?
- 8 Why does Maryland have 10 electoral votes?
- 9 Who was the black congressman from Baltimore that passed away?
- 10 Who are my elected officials in Maryland?
- 11 Who are the 8 representatives of Maryland?
- 12 How do you formally address a senator?
Who are the senators representing Maryland?
Home. U.S. Senator Ben Cardin of Maryland.
How many senators do we have in Maryland?
Current party composition
|Democratic majority||18 (70.2%)|
Who represents Maryland in Congress?
The current dean of the Maryland delegation is Representative and House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (MD-5), having served in the House since 1981.
How do I contact the Maryland senators?
For general information, you may call 202-224-4524 or 410-962-4436.
Has Maryland had a female senator?
Mikulski is the longest-serving woman in the history of the United States Congress and the longest-serving U.S. Senator in Maryland history. She was elected to the House of Representatives in 1976, and in 1986, she became the first woman elected to the United States Senate from Maryland.
How many delegates are in Maryland?
The Maryland House of Delegates is the lower house of the legislature of the State of Maryland. It consists of 141 delegates elected from 47 districts.
Who is the senator of Maryland 2021?
UNITED STATES SENATE Christopher Van Hollen, Jr. Maryland’s U.S. Senators represent Maryland in the 117th Congress, which convened on January 3, 2021. U.S. Capitol (from First St., SE), Washington, DC, December 2017. Photo by Diane F.
Why does Maryland have 10 electoral votes?
Based on the Constitutional provision that a state’s electors equal its number of senators (two) plus its number of representatives (eight), Maryland has ten electors (U.S. Constitution, Art.
Who was the black congressman from Baltimore that passed away?
|Born||Elijah Eugene CummingsJanuary 18, 1951 Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.|
|Died||October 17, 2019 (aged 68) Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.|
|Spouse(s)||Joyce Matthews ( div. 1982) Maya Rockeymoore ( m. 2008)|
Who are my elected officials in Maryland?
Find My Representatives
- Governor. Lawrence J. Hogan, Jr.
- Lt. Governor. Boyd K. Rutherford.
- Attorney General. Brian E. Frosh.
- Comptroller. Peter Franchot.
- Maryland Congressional District.
- US Senators. Benjamin L. Cardin, Chris Van Hollen.
- US Representative. US Representative.
- Maryland Legislative District.
Who are the 8 representatives of Maryland?
U.S. REPRESENTATIVES FROM MARYLAND
- Andrew P. Harris (R), 1st Congressional District.
- C. A. Dutch Ruppersberger III (D), 2nd Congressional District.
- John P. Sarbanes (D), 3rd Congressional District.
- Anthony G.
- Steny H.
- David Trone (D), 6th Congressional District.
- Kweisi Mfume (D), 7th Congressional District.
- Jamin B. (
How do you formally address a senator?
Addressing a Senator in Person. Call a senator by their title and surname. In a face-to-face meeting with a senator, address them as ” Senator ” followed by their surname the first time you speak. After that, you can simply call them ” Senator ” without their surname, or use “sir” or “ma’am.”