- 1 What is there to do in Baltimore Inner Harbor today?
- 2 Is it safe to walk in Baltimore Inner Harbor?
- 3 What should you not miss in Baltimore?
- 4 Can you swim in the Inner Harbor?
- 5 How dirty is the Baltimore Inner Harbor?
- 6 What is the bad area of Baltimore?
- 7 What are the bad parts of Maryland?
- 8 Is Baltimore Inner Harbor Dangerous?
- 9 Is Baltimore a walkable city?
- 10 What is Baltimore famous for?
- 11 What food is Baltimore known for?
- 12 How can I spend a day in Baltimore?
What is there to do in Baltimore Inner Harbor today?
11 Amazing Baltimore Inner Harbor Attractions
- Camden Yards.
- Take a Harbor Cruise.
- Power Plant Live!
- Maryland Science Center.
- The Baltimore Aquarium.
- Maryland Zoo in Baltimore.
- Star-Spangled Banner Flag House.
- Fort McHenry National Monument.
Is it safe to walk in Baltimore Inner Harbor?
Whether you’re navigating Baltimore’s Inner Harbor, Fells Point, or anywhere else in the city, there’s always a risk of being pickpocketed, so don’t travel with valuables on you, stay very aware of your surroundings, walk in groups in well-lit, non-desolate areas, be skeptical if strangers seem like they’re trying to
What should you not miss in Baltimore?
10 Can’t- Miss Things to Do in Baltimore
- Hit the Inner Harbor.
- Party Like a Pirate in Fells Point.
- Explore the African-American Experience.
- Whether it’s Ravens or Orioles, Catch Baltimore’s Birds in Act.
- Something for Every Art Lover in Three Amazing Museums.
- Meet Hipsters in their Natural Environment.
Can you swim in the Inner Harbor?
Amid a multibillion-dollar sewer overhaul in the city and suburban Baltimore County, water sampling shows that bacteria levels from chronic sewage leaks and overflows have improved to the point that much of the harbor is usually safe to swim in, at least during dry weather.
How dirty is the Baltimore Inner Harbor?
Probably because locals know the harbor is notoriously dirty. Environmental experts say it has dangerously high levels of bacteria. In fact, the latest Waterfront Partnership of Baltimore’s Healthy Harbor Initiative report card gave it an F, partially due to the levels of fecal matter in the water.
What is the bad area of Baltimore?
Topping the list is the West Baltimore neighborhood. With the total number of crimes being just over 9,000 per 100K people, West Baltimore has around 2,000 violent crimes per 100K people and 7,000 property crimes per 100K residents.
What are the bad parts of Maryland?
10 Most Dangerous Places In Maryland
- Elkton, Cecil County.
- Bladensburg, Prince George’s County.
- Ocean City, Worcester County.
- Cambridge, Dorchester County.
- Salisbury, Wicomico County.
- Cumberland, Allegany County.
- Mount Rainier, Prince George’s County.
Is Baltimore Inner Harbor Dangerous?
Baltimore is safe during daylight and around the areas near the harbor. Fells Point and the inner harbor are perfect for long walks and exploring, and if you’re pining for a great hike with a view, go to the Federal Hill. These places are perfectly safe, but you should avoid certain dangerous areas.
Is Baltimore a walkable city?
Baltimore City has amassed a 66.2 Walk Score, making it #10 on the list of Most Walkable Cities in the United States. According to Walk Score, the company behind the rankings, the average Baltimore City resident is a five-minute walk away from at least three restaurants, bars, or coffee shops.
What is Baltimore famous for?
Baltimore is the largest city in Maryland and an important seaport on the wide estuary of the Patapsco River. Its place in American history was won in 1814, when British forces bombarded Fort McHenry for 25 hours without its surrender.
What food is Baltimore known for?
Baltimore knows good food – especially seafood. Check out these 11 iconic foods in Charm City that will have your mouth watering. These 11 Iconic Foods In Baltimore Will Have Your Mouth Watering
- Steamed Blue Crabs. Flickr / Mike Licht.
- Crab Cakes.
- Bergers Cookies.
- Old Bay.
- Natty Boh.
- Ledo’s PIzza.
How can I spend a day in Baltimore?
8 Ways to Spend a Day In & Around Baltimore
- Drive through farmland and buy from farm stands in Baltimore County.
- Catch a performance; eat some pizza.
- Bring a picnic to Federal Hill or Fort McHenry.
- Walk the cobblestoned streets of Fells Point.
- Brunch, shopping, pasta ( day complete).