- 1 What should you not miss in Baltimore?
- 2 What is Baltimore Maryland famous for?
- 3 How can I spend a day in Baltimore?
- 4 What is there to do in Baltimore today?
- 5 Is Baltimore dangerous for tourists?
- 6 What food is Baltimore known for?
- 7 Is Baltimore a poor city?
- 8 How dangerous is Baltimore?
- 9 What is the racial makeup of Baltimore?
- 10 What are the bad parts of Baltimore?
- 11 Are there beaches in Baltimore?
- 12 How many days do you need in Baltimore?
- 13 How safe is downtown Baltimore?
- 14 Where should I go in Baltimore tonight?
- 15 What is free in Baltimore?
What should you not miss in Baltimore?
10 Can’t- Miss Things to Do in Baltimore
- Hit the Inner Harbor.
- Party Like a Pirate in Fells Point.
- Explore the African-American Experience.
- Whether it’s Ravens or Orioles, Catch Baltimore’s Birds in Act.
- Something for Every Art Lover in Three Amazing Museums.
- Meet Hipsters in their Natural Environment.
What is Baltimore Maryland famous for?
Baltimore is the largest city in Maryland and an important seaport on the wide estuary of the Patapsco River. Its place in American history was won in 1814, when British forces bombarded Fort McHenry for 25 hours without its surrender.
How can I spend a day in Baltimore?
8 Ways to Spend a Day In & Around Baltimore
- Drive through farmland and buy from farm stands in Baltimore County.
- Catch a performance; eat some pizza.
- Bring a picnic to Federal Hill or Fort McHenry.
- Walk the cobblestoned streets of Fells Point.
- Brunch, shopping, pasta ( day complete).
What is there to do in Baltimore today?
Best things to do in Baltimore
- Federal Hill Park. We know the Inner Harbor is the first stop for many Baltimore travelers.
- The Brewer’s Art.
- The Avenue in Hampden.
- Lexington Market.
- Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine.
- Sagamore Spirit.
- Mount Vernon Place.
Is Baltimore dangerous for tourists?
Baltimore is generally safe for tourists, though some neighborhoods are best avoided. A crime that does occur is mainly between members of street gangs or individuals who know each other, and in areas that are of no interest to visitors. Avoid sketchy neighborhoods and take normal precaution measures.
What food is Baltimore known for?
Baltimore knows good food – especially seafood. Check out these 11 iconic foods in Charm City that will have your mouth watering. These 11 Iconic Foods In Baltimore Will Have Your Mouth Watering
- Steamed Blue Crabs. Flickr / Mike Licht.
- Crab Cakes.
- Bergers Cookies.
- Old Bay.
- Natty Boh.
- Ledo’s PIzza.
Is Baltimore a poor city?
Nearly 40 million Americans are living below the poverty line, the study found. Baltimore City has the highest poverty rate in Maryland, at 21.8% of its population, while Calvert County has the lowest, at 5.1%. The areas with the highest rates of poverty are Baltimore City and Somerset and Allegany counties.
How dangerous is Baltimore?
Baltimore, Maryland, U.S. is notorious for its significantly high crime rate, including a violent crime rate that ranks high above the national average. Violent crime spiked in 2015 after the death of Freddie Gray on April 19, 2015, which touched off riots and an increase in murders.
What is the racial makeup of Baltimore?
According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Baltimore was: Black or African American: 62.35% White: 30.46% Asian: 2.58%
What are the bad parts of Baltimore?
10 of the Most Dangerous Neighborhoods in Baltimore
- Cherry Hill.
- Greenmount East.
- Greater Rosemont.
- Grove Park.
- West Baltimore. Topping the list is the West Baltimore neighborhood.
Are there beaches in Baltimore?
Baltimore is located along the beautiful Chesapeake Bay, which offers more than 11,000 miles of coastline throughout all of its shores and tributaries. Visitors to the Baltimore region can enjoy convenient access to a number of lovely beach towns and natural sites along the Bay.
How many days do you need in Baltimore?
Just two days is enough to uncover the food, sights, and culture that makes it unique, and its location just an hour north of Washington, DC makes it a great addition to your Mid-Atlantic travels. Whether you have a whole weekend or just a few hours to spare, here are some of our favorite things to do in Baltimore.
How safe is downtown Baltimore?
Many people who plan to visit the city wonder: Is downtown Baltimore safe? Even though the overall crime rate in downtown Baltimore is more than 200 percent higher than the U.S. national average, there are safe parts of Baltimore that you can reliably stick to.
Where should I go in Baltimore tonight?
Top Attractions in Baltimore
- Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine. 3,366. Historic Sites • National Parks.
- Fell’s Point. 2,781.
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards. 5,039.
- National Aquarium. 7,065.
- Sagamore Spirit Distillery. 872.
- The Walters Art Museum. 1,447.
- American Visionary Art Museum. 1,614.
- Baltimore Museum of Art. 807.
What is free in Baltimore?
Free Things to Do in Baltimore
- Baltimore Museum of Art. Photo courtesy of Visit Baltimore.
- Harborplace & The Gallery. Inner Harbor.
- Baltimore Basilica.
- Gwynns Falls Trail.
- American Visionary Art Museum.
- Walters Art Museum.
- Pierce’s Park.
- Power Plant Live.