- 1 What should you not miss in Baltimore?
- 2 What is Baltimore Maryland known for?
- 3 What can you do for free in Baltimore?
- 4 What is there to do in Baltimore today?
- 5 Is Baltimore dangerous for tourists?
- 6 Is Baltimore dangerous?
- 7 Is Baltimore a poor city?
- 8 What are the dangerous parts of Baltimore?
- 9 What is the racial makeup of Baltimore?
- 10 What can you do with no money?
- 11 What should I eat in Baltimore?
- 12 What can couples do in Baltimore?
- 13 How can I spend a day in Baltimore?
- 14 How safe is downtown Baltimore?
- 15 Where should I go in Baltimore tonight?
What should you not miss in Baltimore?
10 Can’t- Miss Things to Do in Baltimore
- Hit the Inner Harbor.
- Party Like a Pirate in Fells Point.
- Explore the African-American Experience.
- Whether it’s Ravens or Orioles, Catch Baltimore’s Birds in Act.
- Something for Every Art Lover in Three Amazing Museums.
- Meet Hipsters in their Natural Environment.
What is Baltimore Maryland known for?
Baltimore is the largest city in Maryland and an important seaport on the wide estuary of the Patapsco River. Its place in American history was won in 1814, when British forces bombarded Fort McHenry for 25 hours without its surrender.
What can you do for free in Baltimore?
Free Things to Do in Baltimore
- Baltimore Museum of Art. Photo courtesy of Visit Baltimore.
- Harborplace & The Gallery. Inner Harbor.
- Baltimore Basilica.
- Gwynns Falls Trail.
- American Visionary Art Museum.
- Walters Art Museum.
- Pierce’s Park.
- Power Plant Live.
What is there to do in Baltimore today?
Best things to do in Baltimore
- Federal Hill Park. We know the Inner Harbor is the first stop for many Baltimore travelers.
- The Brewer’s Art.
- The Avenue in Hampden.
- Lexington Market.
- Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine.
- Sagamore Spirit.
- Mount Vernon Place.
Is Baltimore dangerous for tourists?
Baltimore is generally safe for tourists, though some neighborhoods are best avoided. A crime that does occur is mainly between members of street gangs or individuals who know each other, and in areas that are of no interest to visitors. Avoid sketchy neighborhoods and take normal precaution measures.
Is Baltimore dangerous?
9. BALTIMORE CAN BE A DANGEROUS PLACE (BUT MAINLY IN CERTAIN AREAS) It’s particularly high in the West Baltimore neighborhood. Wealthier, gentrified, and/or tourist areas like Inner Harbor, Mount Vernon, Federal Hill, and Fells Point are of much less concern.
Is Baltimore a poor city?
Nearly 40 million Americans are living below the poverty line, the study found. Baltimore City has the highest poverty rate in Maryland, at 21.8% of its population, while Calvert County has the lowest, at 5.1%. The areas with the highest rates of poverty are Baltimore City and Somerset and Allegany counties.
What are the dangerous parts of Baltimore?
The most dangerous areas in Baltimore is based on data from the local law enforcement agency and when not available, also includes estimates based on demographic data.
- Hopkins-Middle East. Population 7,746.
- West Baltimore.
- Cherry Hill.
- Berea Area.
- Fairfield Area.
- Greenmount East.
- Brooklyn-Curtis Bay.
What is the racial makeup of Baltimore?
According to the most recent ACS, the racial composition of Baltimore was: Black or African American: 62.35% White: 30.46% Asian: 2.58%
What can you do with no money?
13 Ways to Have Fun Without Spending Money
- Go on a picnic.
- Go to no -cost museum and zoo days.
- Give geocaching a try.
- Leverage your chamber of commerce.
- Take a historical city tour.
- Visit a farmers market.
- Go camping.
- Do a photography challenge.
What should I eat in Baltimore?
Here Are The 15 Dishes You Have To Eat In Baltimore Before You Die
- Crab cakes from Faidley’s. Flickr / jennifer yin.
- Bergers Cookies. Flickr / Like_the_Grand_Canyon.
- Oysters from Thames Street Oyster House.
- Crab mac & cheese dog at Camden Yards.
- Ledo’s pizza.
- Steamed crabs.
- Hub cap margarita from Nacho Mama’s.
What can couples do in Baltimore?
A Couple’s Guide to Baltimore, MD
- Check into a scenic hotel.
- Take in the scenery at Patterson Park or Gwynns Falls Trail.
- Spend a night at the theater.
- Enjoy dinner, drinks, and ambiance at a romantic restaurant.
- Explore Mount Vernon.
- Hop on a food tour.
- Take in the harbor by boat.
How can I spend a day in Baltimore?
8 Ways to Spend a Day In & Around Baltimore
- Drive through farmland and buy from farm stands in Baltimore County.
- Catch a performance; eat some pizza.
- Bring a picnic to Federal Hill or Fort McHenry.
- Walk the cobblestoned streets of Fells Point.
- Brunch, shopping, pasta ( day complete).
How safe is downtown Baltimore?
Many people who plan to visit the city wonder: Is downtown Baltimore safe? Even though the overall crime rate in downtown Baltimore is more than 200 percent higher than the U.S. national average, there are safe parts of Baltimore that you can reliably stick to.
Where should I go in Baltimore tonight?
Top Attractions in Baltimore
- Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine. 3,366. Historic Sites • National Parks.
- Fell’s Point. 2,781.
- Oriole Park at Camden Yards. 5,039.
- National Aquarium. 7,065.
- Sagamore Spirit Distillery. 872.
- The Walters Art Museum. 1,447.
- American Visionary Art Museum. 1,614.
- Baltimore Museum of Art. 807.